I love getting together with my group of three other "girls." We've been doing it since the beginning of college and now we are all wives and some mothers. We meet once a month or so and it is so refreshing to have that stable friendship time to rely on. We have changed quite a bit since our first meetings, as our seasons of life have progressed. From single and in school to dating, working, married, and bearing children. Another way we have changed is in discovering new dietary sensitivities. Three out of the four of us have a "no-no" on our list. We're all praying that the fourth doesn't add a new restriction!
I really enjoy hosting my "girls" and find it a good excuse to do some fun baking. However, that is very tricky to do! In my search for an allergen-friendly muffin recipe this week, I found this one. However, I didn't have all the ingredients it called for, nor was I allowed to use almond milk. So, I adapted it to our needs, experimenting to make a new recipe.
And I was pleased with the result! These muffins are just slightly sweet. They are firm, with a little bit of crunchy-crisp to the tops. I enjoyed the crunch of the bits of peanuts mixed in, due to using crunchy peanut butter. But if you don't like nuts in your muffins, then just go for smooth peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
1 cup natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
3 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup gluten-free/almond-free flour mix (1pt brown rice flour, 1pt white rice flour, 1pt tapioca flour)
1/4 tsp xanthum gum
1/4 cup brown sugar (or "unrefined sugar")
1/4 cup water
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line or grease one regular muffin pan.
Mix together the wet ingredients in an electric mixer.(I just let the beater do the banana mashing -- I didn't mash beforehand.)
Add in your dry ingredients and mix well.
Fill muffin cups to nearly full. Bake 20 minutes.
Remove and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with granulated sugar for garnish.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.