Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Becoming Someone New

I’m a mom.

No, really. I have to keep reminding myself. I am in charge of caring for and training up two little souls.

I vaguely remember the shock of realizing that I would now be identified as part of the “mom” group when I first had my baby boy. But somehow, you can mentally escape that idea (unintentionally) when you only have one child.

I now have two.

Who am I? As I walk past a mirror, I see my reflection and have to jar myself back from thinking of myself as a little teenage girl. I still feel that that is who I am. Well, maybe a college girl. But certainly not a mom.

Not that I have ever viewed being a mom as a bad thing. No, I have always looked up to moms and admired them. But it is still so weird that I am doing it. I feel like it has now become much more difficult to slip back and forth between the single/married-without-kids world, and the world of parents. It’s not that I have really changed my view of myself yet, but my world has changed around me.

It is really amazing. I am so happy about having these two children as my life duty. My heart is overflowing with love for little boy J and my tiny, precious Little Lady. My world has changed around me, but my heart has changed too. It feels so full. So, while I am floored by the responsibility that is now mine and the experience and expertise that I am gaining, I am also so comfortable welcoming another little life into mine.

Welcome to making me a mother, Little Lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.