Today, my baby boy has been very needy. Maybe he is going
through a growth spurt; maybe he is coming down with sickness – I still can’t
quite tell. Maybe he just wants his mama. This much seems to be sure: he won’t
sleep without touching me. And that is quite unlike my sleep-all-night baby.
As I sit here and hold him, I am just in awe again of the
fact that this little human is mine. He’s my third baby, but the novelty still
hasn’t worn off. This doll baby is real-life. He came from my body. I am in
charge of his nurture. He depends on me.
I snuggle my cheek a little closer to his. I breathe deep
and smell his baby-scent. I squeeze his oh-so-soft baby chub. This is my child.
Thank you, God, for this gift. Thank you for entrusting this little person to me for now. I am amazed. I feel so unworthy and extremely grateful. With three little people to love so fiercely, I think my heart will burst. Thank you, God.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.