I'm 20 weeks pregnant -- halfway there!
Right from the beginning we have been very curious as to whether our little baby is a boy or a girl. I don't know how people wait to find out when they have the option of looking at the ultrasound right there. I thought I might wait when we got pregnant the first time, but Kyle easily convinced me that we should be surprised earlier in the pregnancy. And now I don't think that I would ever be able to wait until the time of delivery to know whether my baby is a boy or girl. I just love being able to personalize my thoughts about baby early on in the pregnancy.
I came from a family of three girls and a boy. My hubby came from a family of three boys. We both are a bit intimidated by raising a child of the opposite gender. I assume it is a common fear, but we were intimidated by the idea that we might only have boys or only girls. We hope to have more in the future. But it is really fun to know that we have both a boy and a girl already.
I love going to the ultrasounds. It is so exciting to get to see that little wiggle worm in my belly. It is amazing to see the little arms, stretched out legs, the tiny, round profile and what the movements that I feel look like.
We were so excited after the ultrasound that I couldn't wait to announce that we were having a girl. I wasn't going to be able to see my family in person that evening, so I made Kyle take an extra ten minutes to stop and take these pictures for a photo reveal.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.